Know when you should use a nonlinear approach to simulation
Material nonlinearity is the second major source of nonlinearity in numerical simulations.
In this training we will try to solve a problem with a linear (small displacement) solution and then identify the need for a nonlinear solution due to high stress.
- Defining nonlinear study boundary conditions and loads
- Defining a nonlinear material model with von Mises plasticity
- Examining the stress and displacement results at various time intervals
- Accessing how mesh quality affects the quality of the stress results
- Evaluating stress distribution within the bodies using the mesh sectioning feature
Your SOLIDWORKS Subscription includes Simulation training at MySolidWorks.com—Why not get started today?