3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers
Design. Create. Share.
Make things your way with:
- Intuitive cloud-connected CAD modeling tools that the professionals use
- Powerful parametric modeling you know and love with SOLIDWORKS CAD—installs locally
- Fully online design solutions you can access from any web browser—no download required**
- Online communities filled with makers from fab labs, makerspaces, influencers, and more from around the globe— all ready to connect and share their designs, ideas, and expertise
- Support to help you get the most out of 3DEXPERIENCE® SOLIDWORKS for Makers
**For cloud apps only—not 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS
3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers Offer
Here’s what you get to help you make cool stuff:
- 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS Professional, the standard for professional CAD users
- 3D Creator and 3D Sculptor, the next generation of design tools that are online, browser-based, and built for collaboration
- Access to an expanded professional ecosystem to rapidly prototype your parts or receive engineering services via the 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace
- No need to start from scratch—connect with other makers and customize shared models
Set up your 3DEXPERIENCE ID or log in with your SOLIDWORKS ID and get all of this US$99.00/year*.
Watch the videos below to meet the design tools that are going to help you make anything you want!
*Taxes not included
Learn, Teach, and Get Support from the Maker Community
Connecting with peers and building strong relationships is part of a maker’s DNA. Set up your 3DEXPERIENCE ID, get empowered, and share your work to collaborate with other makers around the world today! No matter what you use to make things, every single maker worldwide is welcome to join our communities—all for free.
What People Are Saying About 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers
SOLIDWORKS is my go-to for software when designing and creating, but as a maker the price tag has notoriously been way out of my price range. I’ve been begging SOLIDWORKS to make a version that is more affordable. And I am so excited to be telling you that, as a maker, SOLIDWORKS has answered our prayers!
–Brad Thompson, Impact Props
I am astonished that [3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS] is being offered, along with xDesign and xShape, for about the same price as a streaming service! This makes me so excited because I can’t wait for people to take advantage of this offer and start following along with all the fun.
–Rob Maldonado, VirtualFlat CAD
Questions? We have answers.
1. Who is eligible to purchase 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers?
3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers is meant for personal projects and non-commercial use. Per our terms and conditions, you may sell items you make for a profit up to and not exceeding US$2,000 a year. If you are interested in building your business with SOLIDWORKS tools, check out our start up program or our commercial offers.
2. How much does 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers cost?
A yearly subscription of 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers costs US$99 (excluding taxes). We will have pricing for monthly subscriptions in Fall 2021. Joining our communities and connecting with other makers is totally free!
3. Is 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers available for users worldwide?
Currently this offer is available for purchase with a billing address within the following countries: Algeria, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Morocco, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States. More countries will be added soon.
4. What is a 3DEXPERIENCE ID? What do I use it for?
The 3DEXPERIENCE ID is your ticket into the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, our home-grown maker communities, and 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers. You can create your account in less than a minute.
5. Do I have to download or install anything when I purchase 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers?
3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS (SOLIDWORKS Connected) requires a download and installation onto your computer with Windows® 10 operating system. 3D Creator (xDesign) and 3D Sculptor (xShape) are completely online and do not require any installation on your computer. Please note, 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS (SOLIDWORKS Connected) cannot be installed on the same computer as SOLIDWORKS 2021. Learn more about the system requirements for 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS (SOLIDWORKS Connected) here.
6. What’s the difference between SOLIDWORKS Desktop and 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS?
3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS has the same awesome, industry-leading functionality , features, and tools as desktop SOLIDWORKS Professional, but it leverages cloud data management. You can save all your design data to our secure cloud and easily share and connect with other makers. Please note, commercial products and Add-Ins are not supported or included with this version of 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers.
7. Are my files or data restricted at all?
Files and data created with your Maker account are digitally watermarked and can only be opened up in another Maker platform. You cannot open up files created with your Maker account within a commercial or academic platform. This digital watermark is added to native 3D file formats, such as .3dxml, .sldprt, .sldasm, and .slddrw. Neutral 3D file formats, such as .stp or .iges can be opened on any platform.
8. What kind of support will I get?
Join our Maker Support community to get peer-to-peer support to help you make amazing things. Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS employees will join you in the communities to help answer your questions. For questions during the ordering process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. How long does my purchase of 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers last?
You can purchase a yearly subscription of 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers, which is automatically renewed.